The Botswana Football Association National Executive Committee met on the 21st April 2022 whereat several decisions were made.
Appointment of Mr. Masego Ntshingane to the Position of 1st Vice President. Following a vacancy in the position of the 1st Vice President of the BFA NEC, the BFA NEC acting in terms of article 33.7 of the BFA Constitution unanimously resolved to appoint Mr. Masego Ntshingane to the position of 1st Vice President. The NEC shall identify and appoint an individual to act in the position of 2nd Vice President until the next BFA General Assembly. The BFA congratulates Mr. Ntshingane and wish him all the best in his new role.
Registration of Township Rollers Player Onkarabile Ratanang. The BFA Secretariat conducted investigations into the registration of Township Rollers player, Onkarabile Ratanang. The investigations have revealed that the player was registered outside the BFA registration period. The BFA registration period was from 13th July 2021 to the 30th September 2021 and the player was registered on the 28th of October 2021.
The registration of the player was done contrary to the rules and statutes of the BFA. Individuals involved in this particular registration are the Township Rollers Team Manager Mr. Motshegetsi Mafa, Township Rollers General Manager Mr. Sidney Magagane and the former BFA Competitions Manager Mr. Setete James Phuthego.
The BFA NEC has therefore resolved;
- To refer the matter of the player to the BFA Players Status Committee for final determination
- To refer Township Rollers Football Club to the BFL Disciplinary Committee for appropriate sanctioning
- To suspend Mr. Magagane from all football and football related activities pending finalization of disciplinary proceedings before the BFA judicial structures
- To suspend Mr. Mafa from all football and football related activities pending finalization of disciplinary proceedings before the BFA judicial structures
- To suspend Mr. Phuthego from all football and football related activities indefinitely.