The Confederation of African football has for the past few years looked at Women's football as an area that needs development and growth. In recognition of this, CAF has called a special symposium and summits to address the need of a member association in women's football.
The summit will be attended by Presidents of associations, Secretary Generals and Women's football representatives. Botswana is represented by President Maclean Letshweti, Secretary General Mfolo Mfolo and Women's Football committee chairperson Itshholeng Disang.
Botswana can also get assistance from CAF on how to grow Women's football and make it a viable product of football in our country. The agenda items are listed below, the conference runs from 5th March to 6th March.
1. Expanding practice of Women’s Football
2. Developing technical formation of trainers, referees, instructors
3. Development of sponsorship for Women’s football
4. Competitions: Realities & Perspective
5. Governance in women’s football
6. Role of women’s football in gender promotion & socialization
7. Place of media & communication in dynamizing women’s football