GABORONE, Botswana, February 20, 2021/ — The Botswana Football Association (BFA) today (Saturday) inducted its judicial bodies as stipulated in the BFA Disciplinary Code, the Code of Ethics and the Arbitration Tribunal Regulations. The induction exercise took place at Travel Lodge in Gaborone.
The members of the BFA Judicial Bodies are elected by the BFA General Assembly in terms of Article 23.4. The current members were elected following the BFA Annual General Assembly on the 10th October 2020.
When directing the proceedings of the orientation; the Chairperson of Arbitration and Tribunal, Tshiamo Rantao, as a request from the BFA deliberated on several key judicial matters within the BFA constitution for familiarisation. These included the FIFA, CAF and COSAFA statutes, which Rantao noted will come in handy and be critical to the committee members to carry out their duties. He encouraged all the different committees to resolve football matters in the shortest period of time.
In closing the BFA acting CEO, Thabiso Kebonamang said as the secretariat and member of the judicial bodies, they will work closely to expedite delivery of various judgements on all matters related to football.
He noted that modern football is developing very fast hence the need for the BFA to have such governing entities in place in order to be able to develop and coordinate football.
“We have rules and regulations that govern football, and these can always be challenged. So, for us to be able to ensure compliance we need these governing bodies to insure there’s discipline and ethical behaviour hence today’s induction. In the event where they are any question marks, we also have the appeals committee to manage these. The ideal of course if for football to be played on the football pitch and nowhere else but we cannot run away from the fact that rules and regulations will always be challenged,” said Kebotsamang adding that, “as you’d appreciate very soon we’d be starting our football, and currently we’ve been dealing with ensuring that protocols are going to be followed as per the guidelines by the BNSC, and not it’s going to be the turn of the judiciary bodies as football resumes again.”
The BFA Judicial Bodies include:
The Disciplinary Committee
- Onalethata Kambai – Chairperson (present)
- Nondumiso Ntuli – Vice chairperson (present)
- Billy Sekgororoane – Member (present)
- Tumisang Hule – (absent)
- Phatshimo Mphetolang – (absent)
- Moreri Sebonego – Chairperson (present)
- Marang Morakaladi – Member (present)
- Mpho Garebatho – Member (present)
- David Mmui – BFA secretariat (present)
- Edwin Senai – member (absent)
- Tshiamo Rantao – Chairperson (present)
- Pako Moakofhi – Secretary (present)
- Phazha Molebatsi – Member (absent)
- Terence Dambe – Chairperson (absent)
- Uyapo Ndadi – Vice chairperson (present)
- Simon Mmopi – Member (present)
- Tjiyapo Mokhosoa – Member (present)
- Fidelis Lekhao – Member (present)
*the committee members were marked either present or absent during the induction. Respective committees will debrief all their members who were absent.
The tenancy of the committee members will run for four years.